Courses and programs for all.
Goolwa Surf Life Saving Club provides training, programs and development for:
Surf Babies and Little Lifesavers.
This program is a water confidence and aquatic safety program specifically designed for young beach lovers and their families. Adults will gain confidence taking young children to the beach by learning how to identify hazards, how to respond to a beach-based emergency and how to supervise children appropriately in the open water. https://www.surflifesavingsa.com.au/surfbabies-littlelifesavers
- Surf Babies 1-2.5 years
- Little Lifesavers Juniors 2.5-4 years
- Little Lifesavers Seniors 4-5 years
- Nippers: ages 5-U7. Children participate in a set program to introduce them to the beach environment, predominantly undertaking activities on the beach and in knee-deep water.
- Nippers: ages U8-U13. Children participate in a set program to develop skills in surf awareness and surf sports https://www.surflifesavingsa.com.au/nippers
- Youth: ages U14-U15. Teenagers continue to develop skills in surf awareness, surf sports, first aid, water rescue and leadership.
- Seniors: ages U16 and older into Masters. Continued development in skills in surf awareness and surf sports; obtain and maintain Bronze Medallion Award certification and patrol the beach. Seniors can go on to obtain Silver Medallion and continue with a diversity of online courses depending on their area of interest. https://sls.com.au/pathways/
For more information on our Nippers program and range of activities for current and prospective members.
For more information on our Youth program and range of activities for past, current and prospective members.
Find everything you need to know about becoming a member of our SLSC patrol groups.